Tunnel of Terror Volunteers
Unleash your inner monster
Attention volunteers! Looking for community service volunteer hours? Why not volunteer with the Rochester Area Jaycees as a “Frightener” at the Tunnel of Terror in downtown Rochester? The Tunnel of Terror is open every Friday and Saturday evenings starting October 13th, 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Closed Halloween
Contact the Rochester Area Jaycees to sign up for an available shift. All weekends are currently available.
All weekend are currently available. We are open every Friday and Saturday in October Closed Halloween
Volunteers should be 16yr and up. Bring dark clothing (best without writing or logos). Food will be donated by local restaurants or volunteers to provide a snack half way through.
We ask that the volunteers show up at 6:45 pm and stay until 10:30 pm.
Please wear dark clothes (without writing if possible).
There will be food provided during the break halfway through the evening.
If you are volunteering, you can find the Release for Liability here:
Everyone helping must fill out the above form to participate. If you are under 18, you need to print it out beforehand and have a parent or guardian sign it.
For any other questions please leave us a message at 248-652-7777 and we will return your call.
Rochester Municipal Park
Pine St. west of Main St.
and north of University Dr
In the parking lot off Pine Street
Near City Hall and the Police Station
West of Main Street
North of University Drive
House Rules for the Monsters
- YOU MUST fill out a Medical Release Form. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS.
- Do NOT touch the visitors; they have been instructed not to touch you.
- NO OBSCENITIES or SWEARING while spooking. Although we have fun scaring the bajeebers out of people, we need to be polite about it.
- SILENCE IS GOLDEN! Conversations with other spooks about your girlfriend or what you had to eat for lunch when visitors are in the house…kinda ruins the effect of the house so hold your small talk until break time.
- NO ALCOHOL or intoxicated spooks will be allowed in the house.
- When a group comes through with a flashlight please tone down the level of scariness to a bare minimum as there will most likely be small children in the group. The Guide will use the code word FRIENDLY MONSTER
- Know where the fire extinguishers and the emergency exits are.
- Even if you don’t think you have any germs to spread…PLEASE CLEAN YOUR MASK at the end of the night.